Accessing creative development projects can be particularly expensive for rural-based music groups who have to travel further into the towns and cities where these opportunities tend to arise. So we’re delighted to announce that Creative Scotland has awarded funding specifically to cover these costs and make it possible for a rural-based Scottish group to take part in the Adopt a Composer project.
If your group is a member of Making Music based in a rural area of Scotland, fill in this application form to have the chance to be the Creative Scotland Adopt a Composer pairing. The closing date for this application is 5pm, Monday 1 July.
If your group is based in Scotland, but is not based in a rural area, we would still love for you to apply! Please scroll down this webpage to see the criteria, closing date and to fill in the general application form.
What are the benefits for our group?
- A new piece of repertoire tailored to the strengths and personality of the group
- A working relationship with a skilled and committed composer
- The opportunity to be recorded for a possible radio broadcast on BBC Radio 3
- An understanding of the collaborative process of creating new music and the knowledge to undertake this again independently
- A Group Development Day in January for the MD and another member of the group to attend
- A new and exciting experience, in which 100+ Making Music groups have now participated
“I would just like to thank Making Music for this wonderful opportunity and experience. We have all benefited enormously and learned a huge amount about ourselves and our potential and also about how contemporary music can be presented to new audiences.” – The Fretful Federation Mandolin Orchestra, Adopt a Composer 2017-18